Independent Electoral and Boundaries Commission (IEBC)
Your Vote, Your Future
Vacancies for Registration Clerks
Applications are invited for temporary positions for registration officials as follows:
Registration Clerks (Biometric Voter Registration- 2 BVR clerks per ward x 1450 County assembly wards (2900 positions)
Reporting to the Constituency Elections Coordinator the clerks will perform the following duties and responsibilities:
- Register voters at the county assembly wards/poling stations within the stipulated period.
- Ensure accurate entry of voter details in the voters register using BVR equipment.
- Ensure safe custody of registration material and BVR equipments during the registration exercise.
- Perform any other relevant duties as assigned by the Commission.
Requirements and Qualifications
- KCSE Aggregate C- or Division III and above.
- Must be computer literate.
- Must be of good character and non-partisan.
- Must be available for the entire period of the voter registration exercise.
- Must abide with the provisions of the Electoral Code of Conduct within the period engagement.
- Applicants must be residents of the county assembly ward applied for and must fully complete the application form.
- Incomplete forms will not be processed.
Terms and Conditions
a) The contract will be a short term employment contract for the actual days worked only, initially 30days.
b) Wages will be Kshs. 1000/= for each day worked with no additional benefits or allowances.
Applicants who strictly meet the above requirements should fill the application form online at www.iebc.or.ke/careers
Applications must reach the Commission on or before 29th July 2012.Independent Electoral and Boundaries Commission (IEBC)
Anniversary Towers, University Way
P.O. Box 45371-00100, Tel: +254-20-2796000